Monday, March 28, 2011


Green Eggs and Ham for
Caleb. No, he didn't get
sick from eating this.
Last week-end was Kon-Tiki. It is a Scout and Girl Guide competition. It started on Friday and ended on Sunday late.

So, to make it a busier week-end we had woodwork at 9.00 Friday morning till 1.00. A half hour after we got to woodwork Caleb went white and ended up having to sleep for a couple of hours, as he felt ill. We then drove to Sandvlei with a pit stop for lunch.

As I parked the car at 2.45 and turned around to tell Caleb to get out and go to his team, he started to vomit! Thank goodness it was out of the car. I had to make a plan soon!

Well, granny's house is five minutes away, so that is where we went. Back to bed for Caleb! He slept untill about 5 and woke up, insisting on having a bath with Epson salts in. As I walked him back to granny's bedroom, she arrived home from work and he started to vomit, into a bucket this time. What a home coming for her.

As you can see, the theme
is Dr. Seuss this year.
When Greg arrived we went to the house we were staying at for the week-end. Caleb slept till morning. We all woke early, getting ready to take the girls to their creative writing course. Caleb was going to do the course but he had been chosen to be raft crew, and was not able to do it.

Sharna's friend, Michael
After we dropped Caleb off at scouts, Tracy and I took the girls to their writing course; then shopping; then back to the vlei. By this stage I was exhausted and it was't even 10.00 yet.

Ready for the
opening parade.
Tracy and I were talking and then started to stress because we couldn't find Hannah and Sharna. Jessica couldn't find them and neither could Greg! I ran to find Caleb and he laughed and said they were on the course. Well! It was all too much for me at this stage!

And they're off!
Good thing it's not a race.
They move rather slowly.
We fetched the girls, dropped them off and encouraged them with building the rafts. They got on the rafts at 2.00. Caleb was so happy!

We went to the house we were staying at and all fell asleep. I woke Sheth and Sharna at 7.15. We had dinner and then we got the nineteen footer ready to row over to the scouts. As we were leaving I got a call to come and fetch Caleb as the doctor had taken him off the raft. We rowed to the scouts to fetch him.

In position for their
night on the raft.
It was a beautiful evening and the moon was 13 percent larger than normal as it was the closest it had been to earth in nineteen years. It was the Autumn equinox, making it the highest tide. This was very bad for Japan!

We left Sharna with Hannah and went back home with Caleb. Back to sleep for him and Sheth. Greg fetched Sharna at 11. What a long day!

Sunday morning and we were back at the vlei. Hannah was excited to see us! She had enjoyed her camp. Hannah was ready to go home at 11.30 and we only left after prize giving, which was at 4.30.

I think this was the
winning team.
The winning team were Girl Guide Rangers. And the second team was a complete homeschool bunch of Girl Guide Rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment